sleepy hoollow bagkground

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lucy's Color Personal Color Wheel and Palette

Here are some photos of my color wheel and personal pallette. I love blotchy mottled wool so I did not stir much to get this effect.
These colors are all derived from my choice of red, yellow and blue along with one other mother color, in my case I used a dark brown.
This "mother color" ties all your colors together in one big family.
I prepared 8 values of each primary, then secondary, the tertiary.



From those I made 2 tones (adding grey) and 2 shades (adding black) of each #4 value. As seen below.
I will continue to make my neutral browns and my black this week.





Now that I have my personal pallete I am numbering and taging each piece so that I may reproduce any color I need when I want.
I am organizing my swatches onto a card file system.
I thought of doing this with only my primary 4 ProChem dyes, 2 Jacquard and 2 Cushings to fit my budget and for dying I used the inexpensive dash, pinch and smidgen spoons.
Now that the initial work and wool investment is done I have the formulas and can help other budget minded hookers perhaps by selling some of the swatch cards/formulas etc to recoop some of my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment