sleepy hoollow bagkground

Monday, January 4, 2016

SQUIRREL....The Rug Hooker with ADD


My  ADD mind and rug hooking has brought me to where I am today with the making of The Wooly Mason Jar Color Wheel dye system. Having to make things work easily is how I live everyday and I love the craziness that is driven by distraction. But it doesn't stop there…my mind never stops it jumps from one thing to another…SQUIRREL… 
Today I laugh at myself but have come up with a bit of genius that I will share.
It started with a stray wool strip… while trying to organize my work space.


Then oh yeah my Old Tattered Flag free pattern Crow and Pumkin from Rug Hooking Magazine! Now where is it? Found it…I should have it on the frame so I remember it….wait I have a old cheticamp frame somewhere that I should use….
But it is too big and always in the way…..wait ….what if I could move it out of the way easily?
Hmmmmm,…..okay I can't be picking it up all the time…..wheels? Find wheels….I think I will only put 2 on so it won't be any taller and the slant will make it even more comfy!


Will it fit under my work table, which is an old bifold door on top of 2 bookcases,….
Measure and YESSSSS! It fits and can slide out of the way right over existing rolly bins when not on use! I am a Genuis I am thinking….
Wait…..I have to sew the linen on the frame…..not going to happen, this girl needs an easier way. Carpet tack strips and a pipe foam for protection. Great no sewing….once again a happy dance.









Now, what was I doing again? ......SQUIRREL.... oh yeah, cleaning this room...
Wait there must be an easier way!


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are wonderful Lucy and I wouldn't have you any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive - how serendipitous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post and your genius tidying up... wish I had more space but do have to sort and better arrange my work/store room. Sigh... happy hooking, m

    ReplyDelete