sleepy hoollow bagkground

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tower of London Raven

11 x 16" #4 cut on linen.
This is my design for a monochromatic workshop with Barb Leduc.
I have always been intrigued by this legend and ravens so I combined the two for the workshop.

Legend has it the Tower of London will collapse and the kingdom will fall if all the ravens leave.

I dyed my values myself and I am not a dyer so I started with 8 vaued and never got any lights so I continued until I had 12 values. The 3 darkest were almost the same. Now I finished with about 3 strips left so I tried to dye more, ha! I apperently made a mistake in the first batch so I got purple and pinks, oh, oh I am in trouble. Anyway I think I have enough dark stuff overdyed to make a dark border but maybe I would put any border.

No comments:

Post a Comment